Button Banner

Button Banner

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Show Choir Season!













Thursday night was the debut performance of Marion High School's two jazz bands and their two show choirs. Ryan is involved with most of those and so we could see him almost everywhere throughout the concert. He started at the piano with the Jazz Band II.

Ryan during the ballad


Lots of hard work and hours have gone into learning and performing the show choir routines. They started back in July with choreography camp and Thursday night we got to see the fruit of their hard work. Competitions start for both the show choirs and jazz bands soon. Show choir is actually at their first competition today at Prairie.



Ryan shows off his moves...he is a natural showman.
I took video of Thursday's performance by Revelation which is the show choir that Ryan and Dawn perform in this year. It will be fun to compare later in the spring with their last concert in May. They did very well and seem to have most of the glitches out. Their show is great and the choreography is fun to watch.

Dawn during the ballad
Capturing photos from my video isn't a talent I would say I have mastered so a couple of the photos aren't as clear as I would have liked them to be, but I thought I would share a little of the evening in pictures.

It is fun to watch through the season as they get better with each performance. That is why comparing the first to the last is fun. Getting used to a clothing change is new for the freshmen this year as they don't typically do that on the middle school level.

Dawn is easier for me to see this year in the front!
I sat in the gym and thought about my kids. Last night Stacey got to do her thing in the same gym playing basketball. When you hold your little one in your arms for the first time, it is an amazing feeling. But seeing their lives, interests and talents develop before your eyes is the very best part of being there in the front seat to watch. I could have never predicted this and I love the variety.

Zachary and the middle school show choir will be starting their competition season soon too. I am excited to be witnessing his debut as well.

Ryan was the busiest tonight playing in the jazz band, singing/dancing with Revelation and then playing keyboard for New Creation's show. He thrives on his full calendar.

He also is usually the one to instigate the after concert plans which always include Orange Leaf. So we debriefed and celebrated the first of many performances this season.




 The perfect ending to a perfectly freezing day. We have had late starts every day this week and these kids choose Orange Leaf. For me, it was great! The place was empty til we got there and the frozen yogurt was wonderfully yummy as always. And...I had coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment