Button Banner

Button Banner

Monday, January 1, 2018

Fun Gift #3

As Christmastime approaches it is customary in our extended family to draw names and give gifts when we meet at my parents' house on December 26th. It is an all day affair. This year David drew Loretta and I drew my brother Johnse. I told David I would help him a little with his gift for Loretta and he said that would be fine.

He did contribute to the project as about 90% of the denim that I used was from the pile of jeans he found when he cleaned out his closet a couple months back. So, technically it is from him. I love making denim blankets. They aren't so much for snuggling in but for decor, or in the summertime, they are great for laying in the grass and keeping dry when it may be a little damp.

The way things were going during the days leading up to Christmas, I thought for sure that I would be working on it Christmas afternoon, things were so busy, but, I got it done, wrapped and under Mom and Dad's tree the day before Christmas Eve.

Stacey said "Mom, she will love it" and I think she did. She sent me this great picture of it on the bench on her porch. It was a fun gift to make and even more fun to give.


No comments:

Post a Comment