Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

High School Concert Band and Choir

We have two in the high school concert band. They had their first concert now a couple weeks ago. I had pictures uploaded to my computer to write about this then, but this month has been a whirlwind with all of the activities before Christmas.

I very much enjoyed the music as I worried about Ryan and how he was going to do having just gotten his two bottom wisdom teeth pulled 3 days earlier. It certainly wasn't comfortable for him but he never complained. He rarely does. He is in the back there with the euphoniums.

Dawn sits right on the end of the clarinet section so that is nice, I can always find her, beautiful in her concert dress. I know that I sometimes get lost in the busy-ness of our home, but I really do love listening to the music as they have grown older. I love who they are becoming.

It amazes me what happens each year as they keep playing and singing. They learn so many things when they are not with me. I love that, and I also find myself feeling like they come home with sides I don't even really know. That will happen more and more as they lead more of their own life. I am grateful that they are talkers and they share a lot of what happens when they are not home. I treasure those moments.

The choir sang too and I have three members of choir this year. Ryan made his way through the songs again with a painful jaw. He is pictured in the row second to the top, the third one from the left in the left picture below. Dawn and Stacey are both in the picture on the right. I love seeing them all up there singing. My very favorite thing is that they sing around the house more too.


I hear melodies and harmonies and it makes my music heart happy. It was fun too to jump up into the choir when the MHS choir alumni were invited to sing "Sing We Now of Christmas" with the choir. Dawn motioned me big to come join them so I did. It was fun. Then the community was invited to join them for the Hallelujah Chorus and so I stayed and sang with my girls and some other friends who also jumped up to sing along. "For the Lord God Omnipotent Reigns...Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment