Button Banner

Button Banner

Monday, July 8, 2019

Meeting Some of Those Who’ve Walked a Mile

I have not really ever sought out a group to join as a six year breast cancer survivor. I didn’t think I had time to keep up with another group especially when I do have people around me that I love and who are more than a blessing in the circumstances I find myself in.

A few months back I ran into this group on Facebook. I am not sure what made me request to join but I sent a request and was accepted as part of this group. I found myself reading about other people, strangers to me, share their stories. I would comment every once in awhile when I thought I could be helpful.

Over the weekend I was pondering my six year anniversary of my first surgery and decided to get on with the Facebook group and share my story. I didn’t know how sharing with strangers would be good therapy but it was. I had read so many of their stories in the last few months.

There is something about someone else knowing. They just know. You don’t have to explain. So I shared my story on the group feed and received
very quickly so many words of encouragement. I was encouraged today also at my visit to my lymph massage.

I asked at my last appointment about the cuffs they put on our legs when we have surgery to keep circulation going. I asked why can’t they make something like that for arms to massage the lymph fluid out. She said they DO!!!

So today we got the paperwork started to get one for me. I got to wear it today and try it out. SO awesome! Took the pain away right away! It probably will take about three weeks to get but I am telling you, I cannot WAIT!  I am praying that insurance will cover the cost. My therapist said most insurance does cover it. I will keep you posted. Thank you all for your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you found that group! AND that the circulation cuff helps so much! Praying your insurance will cover it.

    ReplyDelete