Button Banner

Button Banner

Thursday, July 25, 2019

A Scout at Camp

Yearly Mom and scout selfie
A picture by the weather rock.
It happens every year for the boy scouts in the house. I am a little behind posting a few things and overnight camp for this scout was one of them. Since this was a couple of weeks ago, this will be part of the catch up.  Every year we go out on Wednesday night of camp week and visit, eat supper together and take a look around. Zach took some money with him and still had quite a bit left on Wednesday so I didn't have to leave anymore with him. Ryan opted not to go to camp with his troop this year because he is working on the few merit badges he has left and none of them are offered at camp. Everyone's schedule is so full!.

Zach's bunk
We ate dinner not at the pavilion right inside the camp like usual, but instead at their campsite. I will say that it was quite a hike for me but I was proud of myself for taking the hike. Zach showed us around and said he would take us down to the waterfront and show us where he is working on his canoeing badge. That was another hike pretty much uphill both ways since it was down then up on the way there and down and then up on the way back.

I can't say I wasn't tired when my head hit the pillow. It was one of my 10,000 step days. I was talking with Zach and asked him what he would feel like next year when Matthew is at camp with him. Matt looked at me and realized that it will be his turn next year. I think I heard a big "gulp" from him. He said he wasn't sure how he felt about being away from home the whole week. I told him not to worry because he had a whole year before he goes. It was a fun night and has become quite a summer tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment