Button Banner

Button Banner

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Radiation: An Education

I can't believe I forgot to include a little tid-bit yesterday in my update! I was going to add this picture and share something but published the post before I remembered.

About a week ago there were scabs on my upper back. Thinking through the week I realized that I had a spot that was itchy and I had been scratching. Looking in the mirror after my shower the next day I saw a red spot. Like a sunburn. Hmm.

Come to find out, the doctor explained to me that the radiation goes through the front but the skin on my back is radiated too and will tend to get some of that sunburn look and the skin will be dry and itchy like a sunburn.

Wow, I never thought of that. so, the spots on my back where there is red (and the picture doesn't really do it justice), is where the radiation is aimed at the front but goes through me to my back and affects the skin above my shoulder blade. Well, you learn something new every day.

So now my back gets a 3x daily dose of coconut oil too!

No comments:

Post a Comment