Button Banner

Button Banner

Monday, October 10, 2016

My One Political Piece

I am tired of the commercials, tired of the phone calls, I have prayed for over a year as this country seems to think that we need to have campaigns that drag on for years. (Which is utterly ridiculous) I am sad and the biggest sadness isn't that the choices we have are not good, I am sad as I watch the way our country is more divided than it has ever been.

I am sad that people just blurt out whatever is on their mind on social media and that we seem to think we can decide who is the best candidate because we have followed their tweets and what other people tweet about them.

Clearly, the Lord Jesus Christ has not returned but until He does and I can lay my crowns at HIS feet, I will be the dutiful citizen of my home here in the United States and vote. Daniel tells us Who puts our leaders in office and so I pray and trust. That doesn't mean I don't get sad. Over the last year, I have wondered if I have actually seen 2 Thessalonians 2:11 come about right before my eyes.

The real sadness lies in how I have watched the "dumbing down" of America. I have been shocked to see how many people are basing their choices on the Facebook posts and tweets and most people only know what they have heard in quick sound bites from commercials, Facebook videos and the news media (don't get me started!) I am thankful that many are getting off the emotion driven sites and finding sources to research our candidates but those places are harder and harder to find.

It isn't tough for me to make my decision. One of our candidates has been "working for the children", "working for the middle class" and working her way up the ladder my whole adult life. I have been paying attention to how she has fought to keep legalized abortions at any stage of pregnancy (so I guess, it is only the BORN children she cares about although I have not seen any proof of that either) and I have experienced first hand during the last eight years how our family take home pay has gone down EVERY year while our health care deductibles have doubled and our premiums have as well. So middle class? No.

It is understandable how she can't speak anything in her campaign about her own record so she has brought the discussions down to middle school level and talking trash about her opponent every time she opens her mouth. Let me tell you, if you are an avid reader of history, there are some pretty human men who have sat in the Oval office. Male chauvinists, slave owners (some not so kind to their slaves), even Indian haters. It is just that back then, there weren't 24 hour news channels and social media to keep tabs on them. To say you are voting for her because she is a woman is nonsense. There are 100 or more different women in this country I would be happy to vote for. They are not on the ballot.

About the other issues, well, if we can't secure our country then we won't have a country.  I think that is my number one concern. There certainly is no confidence over the last eight years as I have watched my country become less and less secure at it's borders. If you believe that "radical Islam" is not a thing than you are not qualified to be Commander in Chief. Keep in mind too that the average age of our Supreme Court justices is 75. If you believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and upholding our freedoms, you don't want a majority of liberal judges on the Supreme Court. Just sayin'.

I did not vote for hope and change because back then I did my research and I knew this is the hope and change our president meant. His is not a "legacy" I would like anyone to continue. I didn't want it then, and I don't want any more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment