Button Banner

Button Banner

Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday From the Heart: A Journal Entry

Earlier this week when I was feeling rough I had been praying for the long list of people who I know that are dealing with yuck...it is getting longer every day. I wasn't feeling very encouraged until I was done and opened my Bible. But, prayer really isn't ever done and it is when I opened the Bible and found myself in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 I heard God speaking to me and I wrote it in my journal...

I Corinthians 6:19-20 says:
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought with a price, therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit which are Gods.


So, as chemotherapy seems to reign in my physical body, as it tackles any cancer cells that may be hiding in various places, my body is STILL the temple of God. The Holy Spirit STILL lives in me, My body is STILL called upon to glorify my Father - however He sees fit to use me! I am not my own, this is God's will, His doing, His trial to steer me through. So for now, I rest and sometimes write.

This body is a temple of the Holy Spirit - the One who has SEALED me! (Eph. 1: 13) The One who guarantees that I walk as a saved slave of the Almighty God. (Eph. 1:14) This is what He has asked me to do right now so this is what I will do and because He has called me to this, He will get me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment