Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A Sick Girl...Again

If there is something I am learning about cancer and chemo it is that there is nothing that can be predicted. This week is my second time in two weeks running a fever. Thankfully, we are trying to get on top of it with an infusion of strong antibiotics yesterday and today. Many tests have been run to find out what is causing my fever but nothing ever comes up.

I am missing out today on the Strands of Strength fundraiser banquet since I am still running a fever. That is the worst part of it. Missing things that I am looking forward to is hard. Not only that, but I wasn't able to get chemo yesterday so now that bumps me past Christmas and who knows how the rest of the fall will be.

You could say I am discouraged. Just the realization that I have no control is difficult. The fact that I have to take one day at a time and that nothing is for sure is hard for me. I feel so far from the end of all of this when these kind of weeks come up. 

But, I am thankful that I have been able to be home this time and have not had to spend a couple days in the hospital.  I am also thankful that David found us a new vehicle (well, new to us). I will write a little more about that when I am feeling better.

For now, I will be going into the clinic again today for another super dose of antibiotic and I have been told I should feel much better by this evening. I hope so. I still had a fever this morning but not as high so I guess that is good. I just want to get better and I have realized that I have to be careful around people as fall and winter arrive.

I am praying that this infusion this afternoon will take care of the bug, whatever that bug is.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you are I'll again. I am praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete