Button Banner

Button Banner

Friday, August 9, 2013

Not a Whole Lot to Do Around Here!

I have a daughter who had a breakdown this morning.  I will not embarrass her by mentioning her name but as I watched her melt into a puddle of tears on her bed I thought "boy, do I wish I could do that!"  She was very emotional about the fact that we are packing everything we love into boxes and hauling them to Grandpa and Grandma's garage and there isn't anything left to do around here!  I am feeling the same way.  We don't know how long it will take to sell our house and so it is hard to decide what stays and what goes.

Well, thank goodness for Mario Brother's stuffed characters!  The boys bedroom being as clean as it is, was the congregating place this morning as all the kids were in there making up new "games" with all of these characters.  I can't list them all but what started out as Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Koopa Troopa and Toad about three Christmases ago has grown into quite a community.  Blue Toad, Toadette, Baby Luigi, Baby Yoshis (in pretty much every color) along with Bowser and Jr. Bowser it is hard for the kids to find a place to lay their heads when it is bedtime.

Recently for Zach's birthday Donkey Kong and Ditty Kong have joined the Mario gang and the kids play for hours making up new adventures.  I am pretty sure they have come up with the next generation of Mario video games in their acting out with their stuffed characters.  I love the sound effects.  I am glad we have not packed these good friends away.  They will stay with us in this house until the last day we are here.  Then, like us they will move to the new house, wherever that may be.  At least we have something to play with that can keep us from totally losing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment