Button Banner

Button Banner

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Busy Hands

Now that there will be no radiation, (yes, for those of you who haven't heard, the radiologist says no radiation needed) I have turned my focus to getting well.  After today's doctor's appointment, I am back on an oral antibiotic and a topical antibiotic cream.  Seems there are a couple of "angry spots" in the incision areas.  Gotta take care of those before the gain control!

It has been at least
two weeks since my hands have created anything.  I remedied that today.  Don't get me wrong, I am actually enjoying the extra time to read and catch up on my Pinteresting, when I have plenty of pain meds in my system, but I really miss creative work.

Today as I was filing some projects in the proper Pinterest boards, I ran across a project I had already pinned and thought I would see what I could come up with since it has become a new need in our home.  Since pulling up the carpet in the living room, I purchased a Swiffer.  I have had a Wet Jet for awhile but with the wood floors, I have found that just pulling out the Swiffer has been the most convenient way to keep the floor relatively clean.  Besides that, the kids like to Swiffer!

I have had a crochet Swiffer pad pattern on my Pinterest crochet board for awhile and after digging around in the very few things I have left around the house while we are showing it, I found JUST enough cotton yard and a size H hook and was able to crochet all of the pieces.  Tomorrow I will sew them together so when the kids get home I won't hear the common excuse, "but Mom, we don't have any Swiffer pads".

I am going to alter this pattern a little bit I think.  There has got to be a way to make it in one piece.  That will be my challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment