Button Banner

Button Banner

Friday, July 12, 2019

Update

I realize that I didn’t post after my last treatment! How did that happen? Then I thought of all of people I have told that as far as I knew I was going to have a PET scan next week before the next treatment.

Well, I hadn’t heard from the imaging center about when the PET was scheduled. So after my wonderful massage this morning, I stopped in to check the status of my schedule.

It looks like I will have treatment next Wednesday and then the scan will come after the next treatment. So, I have a HUGE prayer request. After each treatment my neuropathy gets worse.

I don’t understand how you can have no feeling in your hands, feet, toes and fingers but yet you feel so much pain! The neuropathy has made it about half way up my calf/shin. I pray it doesn’t get worse and that when this chemo is done that the neuropathy goes away.

I can do very little with my hands. The pain is too distracting. Night is the hardest because the pain ramps up. I will talk more to my palliative care nurse to see what is available. The morphine works some nights and I am thankful for a good.night’s sleep.

I am off to Fittings Unlimited to get a new sleeve and glove for my fat hand. Thank you all for your continued prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment