Button Banner

Button Banner

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Is it FRIDAY Yet?


This has been quite the week in our house and I do believe that there has never been a Friday that I won't be more thankful to have made it to in my entire life! And it is these three who have allowed us to experience a whole new dynamic in the house. Three people taking the AP Human Geography test at the same time. The struggle has been real folks!

They have one book and multiple online resources. One of my responsible ones has made up 40+ flash cards and so someone is usually going through those. The tension is building as Friday becomes closer and to help, this mom has been doing most of their chores in the evenings so they can study.

I asked the most obvious question a mom of triplet teenagers may ask "why don't you all sit down and study together?" Three almost simultaneously gasp "MOM...we don't study the same AT ALL!" So not even two of you? I am thinking? No...resounding.

One is a little grouchy to everyone as the stress builds through the week, one is physically not feeling that well (which this non-doctor mother would
attribute to the stress building...but what do I know?) and the other is walking around like "test? what test?"

This is a new and exciting experience for me. I keep thinking "and we spent money for this?" Yes, to watch our kids not share and snip at each other all week. Some think that how the others are acting means they don't care or they aren't taking things seriously. I literally don't have to mother them at all this week because they are mothering each other "you shouldn't study that", "you need to share that book, Mom bought it for all of us!, "why are you just sitting there watching tv when there is a HUGE test coming up on Friday?"

I hang back in the other parts of the house doing their chores and listening to the sounds of studying, three different kids, three different ways, three different amazing minds doing their thing. I am not at all worried. Just counting the hours til they go off to school on Friday. They are blessed with great minds. I often wonder how that happened. I did marry up where intellegence is concerned and maybe along with all of those long eyelashes that they didn't get from me, they also got a brain that soaks in knowledge and spits it back out again in a way that is favorable to a good grade.

Whatever it is you can know this...I will be SO glad when it is Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Stacey thought good...Dawn said "I don't know but I drew a great giraffe in the margin!" and Ryan gave his typical answer whenever I ask him "Pretty good." No one came home saying it was horrible so, we will see in July!

    ReplyDelete