Button Banner

Button Banner

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Here's to US!

The largest set of wine glasses we received for a wedding gift was a set of four.  It is true that we got THREE sets of four wine glasses, but none of them matched.  I remember doing a registry and thinking about my colors and all of the things I would need to set up housekeeping the summer before our wedding on August 9, 1992.  Yes, that is 20 years ago!  Hard to believe!

I wanted a black and white kitchen with red accents.  The truth is, I got one set of dishes from my registry and nothing else that matched.  It is also true that I have never had a black and white kitchen with red accents.  I don't even want one someday anymore.  So, you could say a lot has changed in 20 years.

One thing that has changed is the state of our stemware collection.  We currently have four wine glasses left out the three original sets, with none that match (we got a set of two about 5 years ago in a silent auction along with a hotel room and a Melting Pot gift card).  Imagine my surprise when I was in Hy Vee yesterday picking up some extras for the weekend and saw the Drugtown (Hy Vee Drugstore) liquidation going on.  If you don't mind shopping out of blue tubs, there was some great deals!
I bought some great new wine glasses (two MATCHING sets) for six bucks!  It is nice to replace some of the things that have become tired and out of date.  It is also fun to go shopping and pick out the things that match the life we have built over the last 20 years.  Sitting and enjoying a glass of wine with my best friend and love of my life is most definitely something that I do on a regular basis.  I can't think of a better way to spend six dollars!



No comments:

Post a Comment