Button Banner

Button Banner

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Voices of Hope

I made it! I sang and stood the whole time! This is me now home and resting. I love singing in the Voices of Hope concert every year as part of Cedar Rapids’ Freedom Festival. I told Pastor Gary who directs us each year that I may have to miss a night (we sing the concert Tuesday - Thursday) or, I may need to sit and sing at times but I would love to do what I can. If you are local, you should plan to come tomorrow or Thursday!

I blubbered through one of the songs tonight! There are three generations of my family in the choir. Mom and Dad sing, and for the second year, Dawn and Ryan sing too. It was a little emotional for me. I am thinking I need a separate post to share more about that.

All I know is that tonight I am resting after night number one thankful that God gave me the grace to enjoy one of my favorite things. He is so good to me!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to sing along with your family! Every night when I came to choir and saw you also singing I thought "If Jody can do this, so can I with God's enablement"

    ReplyDelete