Button Banner

Button Banner

Friday, June 7, 2019

Interesting and Challenging

New protocol treatment #4 happened yesterday. I didn’t get a chance to post because I am fighting sleepiness big time! I ended up sleeping through the infusion, came home, laid down on my bed and the next thing I know it is 10 pm! I got up and ate dinner and went back to bed. I have been in and out of napping all day today too. My body must need some rest.

The report came back from Mayo Clinic and they described my case as “interesting and challenging”. They said that we should keep doing what we are doing since it is working. They are going to test my samples from the biopsy themselves to see if we can find for sure what type of cancer it is that we are fighting HER2+ or HER2-. We still don’t know for sure.

We will continue these treatments until we get to a place where my liver is stable and the scans are showing normal. Then we will move to the maintenance treatments which we will determine when we get there. I got a call from the office this afternoon with news that my tumor marker number has gone from 411 down to 190!!

I forgot to take a picture of myself at my infusion. The nap was good though! I did get a selfie on the way home! Thank you all for your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment