Button Banner

Button Banner

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Hallmark Christmas Movie BINGO

I was watching my first Hallmark Christmas movies last weekend and as I was stitching a project, my head was listing things that so many of these movies have in common. If you have watched a few than you know what I mean.

Last Christmas we started a game around our house. Each viewer in the house had until the first commercial break (which usually takes a little longer since they are trying to establish the story line and characters) to predict who would end up with who, and any other details they wanted to predict before the first commercial break was done. Then, we see if anyone had it right by the end.

This year, as I sat and watched the first three of the season, being a teacher, I quickly thought "I bet there is a BINGO game generator online" AND "I bet I could make bingo cards out of some of these similar themes and characters.

Some have asked me for my list. It is ever evolving and as you read through these that I have shared, you will more than likely come up with a few of your own. (Especially if you are a seasoned Hallmark Christmas Movie watcher!) So, as you read through this list, feel free to add any of your own in the comments and our bingo games will be all the better for it! Let the Hallmark Christmas movie watching begin!
  • royal main character
  • Candace Cameron Bure
  • ice skating scene
  • bah humbug older relative
  • special Christmas ornament
  • cookie contest
  • snowman building scene
  • tree lighting ceremony
  • orphaned main character
  • mistletoe
  • trying to get back the Christmas spirit
  • travel delays
  • ugly sweater contest
  • Christmas ball
  • closing the big business deal by Christmas
  • work-a-holic main character
  • Christmas tree farm scene
  • an injured Santa
  • character named Nick
  • dogs
  • Christmas decor contest
  • main character actor is a singer in real life
  • single mom main character
  • trying to find something that is lost
  • a marriage proposal
  • soup kitchen or shelter volunteering
  • bratty spoiled rotten kid(s)
  • saving a small town business from failure before Christmas
  • snowball fight
  • falling in love with a total stranger by Christmas
  • special ingredient hot cocoa
  • estranged adult child reunites with parent(s)
  • car problems
  • break up of mismatched couple
  • solving a Christmas mystery
Oh and there are so many many more! If you run across a good BINGO generator, share that too. I found two. One I like all right but the cards are decorated beautifully for Christmas if you choose the Christmas theme and I would eat up all of my printer ink. The other I found has duplicated the same thing on two boxes on the same card. You can go to town and add all of your favorite actors to your cards as well, the only rule would be if your actor plays a royal main character, you can only pick one or the other on your card. (or, make your own rules...its up to you)

There are so many channels that run these movies at this time of year. I can't help but think we are drawn to them because we would love a life however messy it is in the middle, to be a happily ever after. Maybe this BINGO game can make Christmas movie watching fun for the whole family!

No comments:

Post a Comment