Button Banner

Button Banner

Monday, November 14, 2016

Fabric Therapy

I would describe how I feel this week as "good enough to overdo it." I am happy to report that because I haven't felt like doing much let alone too much in the last couple of weeks.

By Friday was when I realized I may be doing a little too much. I really can use a nap every day and so I am going to try to keep that in mind moving forward.

I took a lovely trip to Waucoma on Saturday where we had a holiday gathering of sorts. I will have some more to say about that day in another post. As much as the trip tires me physically, the emotional and mental morale boost is totally worth it.

Sunday was a quiet day. I have challenged myself to get down in my sewing room every day that I can, even if only for a short time. It is very good therapy to plan projects, cut fabric, or just straighten up a bit down there. I have so much fabric stashed that I feel it is time to quilt some of it up! I am curious to see how many quilts I can put together using only the fabric in my stash. I started by tagging a few quilts in the magazines I have that look like fun.

Not being a fan of cutting, I started on pieces for one of the quilts last week and I was able to get all of the blocks pieced together on Sunday afternoon. It was fun, it felt like real life and I will do more of this kind of normal to keep myself sane. I can't wait to see how it will look when it is all sewn together. I like what I have so far.

My aunt posted on her blog about our trip on Saturday and I come from a long line of busy handed people. It really is therapy for me to create things and as many people "ooh" and "ahh" over things I have made it is easy for me to forget that we all have our talents that God has given us. I have to realize that my gifts don't come easily for others and as I have gotten older I am more and more thankful that I was made the way I am. God has so many ways to make us "fearfully and wonderfully" and as much as I have a family of people who keep busy with projects of all different kinds, even our talents span across all kinds of interests. I won't take for granted the talents God has given. I sure am thankful for some built in therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment