Button Banner

Button Banner

Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Garage Sale Distraction

Things have been crazy around here as we prepared for and executed a successful garage sale at my mom's house.  It was a nice distraction and brought in some money at the same time.  I am happy to announce that I made enough to go into the store this week and pick out new counter tops and possibly a back splash for the kitchen remodel.  Super excited about that!

We are going to put our house on the market after all.  I found this paraphrase from Ecclesiastes and thought it fits so perfectly with what it going on with us right now.  It is never perfect conditions.  Sometimes stepping out in faith is what we have to do.  

So...between now and August 15th (the date of my surgery) I will be busy boxing up things and working to make the place look good.  It was nice when my brother and his family and sister and her family were here tonight, some of them just seeing the new wood floors for the first time.  They were pretty awed by how taking out the huge clunky entertainment center and pulling up the carpet really makes the place look great!

Not to mention the fact that I have boxed up all of the cluttery stuff that I have been trying to reduce in our life for a very long time.  It feels pretty freeing and wonderful to live a little lighter.  I am sure I will be tempted to clutter up stuff in the future.  I just hope I remember how nice it is to live a less cluttered life!

August 15th will be the day of my surgery.  I am certainly NOT looking forward to that day, but I hope that we can have it on the market and ready to show.  Life is going so fast right now...where has the summer gone?  I blinked and here we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment