Button Banner

Button Banner

Saturday, May 11, 2019

A Little Work and A Little Play

It has been a pretty low key day here at the Sloan house. Two soccer games were played  and attended; one loss, one win. Lots of blue electrical boxes were installed in the basement and a doorway moved down there as well. Dad and David worked on that this afternoon, a perfect project for this May Saturday that feels more like October outside.

I have been good and have worn my compression sleeve and glove the last couple of days. My arm feels better even though it doesn’t feel like the swelling has gone down very much. I have a big toe that needs better attention than is has gotten with the other stuff that has been going on with me.

Along with my fingernails, my two big toes get messed up with chemo too. Not as bad and not the other toes, just the big ones. Well, I kicked the side of the recliner about two weeks ago, stubbing my toe and it looks nasty. It was oozing and I will most likely lose the nail. For now I need to focus on taking better care of it. The last thing I need is an infected big toe!

Our rule in the house during the school year is no video game playing except on weekends. Sometimes that brings a few bad attitudes when I tell some that a chore needs to be done. That is the negative of video games. But today I caught a video game moment that made my heart happy. It also got me thinking about these two young men and how they are not my little boys anymore.

I actually love seeing them enjoying each other’s company. And, sometimes it is while playing video games. It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment